Davis Dimock: The Gift

You're receiving this email because you are a DailyGood subscriber.
Trouble Viewing? On a mobile? Just click here. Not interested anymore? Unsubscribe.

DailyGood News That Inspires

March 1, 2020

a project of ServiceSpace

Davis Dimock: The Gift

I don't even try to persuade people to be artistic. I just say it's permissible.

- Davis Dimock -

Davis Dimock: The Gift

" A guy came here once from some outsider art magazine. He was taking pictures and he asked, "Do you do anything else?" So, I showed him some of my drawings. He said, "These are great. We could use these." I told him I didn't want them out in the world. It seems pretentious to think of myself as an artist. I think of artists as people who are going through the angst of creating stuff, and then the angst of getting a gallery to show the stuff, or sell the stuff. And I don't like capitalism. It's depressing. By just creating something on the land, my payment, my pleasure, is when other people spontaneously stop and look at it." Davis Dimock-- a self-described art laborer-- shares more in this riveting interview. { read more }

Be The Change

Take a new look around your house and yard. It's actually permissible to get creative. The possibilities are truly endless. Why not have some fun?


COMMENT | RATE      Email   Twitter   FaceBook

  Related Good News

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

What It Means to Hold Space & 8 Tips to Do it Well

Turning Rain, Ice and Trees into Ephemeral Works

Pushing Through: A Poem for Grieving Hearts

The Moment I Knew Gratitude is the Answer to Every Question

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

Why Singing in a Choir Makes You Happier

12 Truths I Learned from Life and Writing

5 Core Practices for More Meaningful Conversations

9 Scientists Share Their Favorite Happiness Practices


DailyGood is a volunteer-run initiative that delivers "good news" to 247,538 subscribers. There are many ways to help. To unsubscribe, click here.


Other ServiceSpace projects include:

KindSpring  //  KarmaTube  //  Conversations  //  Awakin  //  More

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whistling in the Wind: Preserving a Language Without Words