Willing to Be Dazzled

You're receiving this email because you are a DailyGood subscriber.
Trouble Viewing? On a mobile? Just click here. Not interested anymore? Unsubscribe.

DailyGood News That Inspires

September 24, 2023

a project of ServiceSpace

Willing to Be Dazzled

I want to believe that the imperfections are nothing --
that the light is everything -- that it is more than the sum
of each flawed blossom rising and fading. And I do.

- Mary Oliver -

Willing to Be Dazzled

"I decided to visit my friend Aristotle, who lives in a house on a hill at the west end of the ranch. We sampled various kinds of cookies and sipped decaffeinated green tea, and we vented, kvetched, and rhapsodized, as we are prone to do. Mostly kvetched, if the truth be told. Aristotle just turned ninety, and I seek the wisdom of an elder from him, but he is too modest to admit he has acquired any. Somehow I found myself telling him a little about the sad history of my family of origin, how noisy my ghosts can be, and how even now, they are still angry and disappointed in me. I realize this theme comes up too often--I could imagine Monte getting bored and impatient, having heard it all many times before. But this was a new listener. I indulged myself in the telling. It was almost like sitting with a psychiatrist. Aristotle was sympathetic but a little baffled. "When will you finally believe what a good person you are?" he asked."... Cynthia Carbone shares more in this candid, thoughtful post. { read more }

Be The Change

Take a moment to reflect on what helps you regain perspective when you find yourself in a slump.


COMMENT | RATE      Email   Twitter   FaceBook

  Related Good News

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

The Egg: A Short Story By Andy Weir

Consciousness as the Ground of Being

17 Things I Would Do Differently

Paul Farmer: A Life Dedicated to Healing the World

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

When the Earth Started to Sing

10 Life-Changing Perspectives On Anger

Why Adults Lose the Beginner's Mind

On Death and Love


DailyGood is a volunteer-run initiative that delivers "good news" to 155,181 subscribers. There are many ways to help. To unsubscribe, click here.


Other ServiceSpace projects include:

KindSpring  //  KarmaTube  //  Conversations  //  Awakin  //  More

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whistling in the Wind: Preserving a Language Without Words