Beyond Beauty: A Conversation with Paul Reynard

You're receiving this email because you are a DailyGood subscriber.
Trouble Viewing? On a mobile? Just click here. Not interested anymore? Unsubscribe.

DailyGood News That Inspires

September 22, 2023

a project of ServiceSpace

Beyond Beauty: A Conversation with Paul Reynard

Art does not try to communicate; it calls for communion.

- Paul Reynaud -

Beyond Beauty: A Conversation with Paul Reynard

"My own experience is that there are moments when suddenly, after I've been working a long time at painting, I'm no longer trying to make or do something. I begin to be led, as if my brush were just following where the painting in its finished state was leading me. At that point I am open to something which most of the time I am unable to express, because I want to direct it. I want to make it myself, to be sure. And strangely enough, the best moment and the best result is when I am here in front of the painting, and the hand is, so to speak, free. I am not imposing. At the same time it is me who paints. But it is as if I were following a kind of secret indication. I am no longer fighting. The struggle takes place before this moment, when I'm on the point of giving up. And if at that point I'm sensitive enough, then something opens. Completely new. And there is something which seems to me true - it's only a word, but I cannot find another way to express it - something true in relation to what I am within myself then and there, at that moment." Artist Paul Reynard shares more about art, freedom, beauty, and the sacred in this wonderful conversation with Jacob Needleman. { read more }

Be The Change

For more inspiration, check out this short video, "What Others Have Sung: The Art of Paul Reynard." { more }


COMMENT | RATE      Email   Twitter   FaceBook

  Related Good News

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

Stolen Focus: Why You Can't Pay Attention

Consciousness as the Ground of Being

17 Things I Would Do Differently

David Whyte on Courage

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

How Newness Enters the World

Darkness Rising

Why Adults Lose the Beginner's Mind

Calligraphy-- A Sacred Tradition


DailyGood is a volunteer-run initiative that delivers "good news" to 155,191 subscribers. There are many ways to help. To unsubscribe, click here.


Other ServiceSpace projects include:

KindSpring  //  KarmaTube  //  Conversations  //  Awakin  //  More

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whistling in the Wind: Preserving a Language Without Words