Pilgrimage Up Longs Peak

You're receiving this email because you are a DailyGood subscriber.
Trouble Viewing? On a mobile? Just click here. Not interested anymore? Unsubscribe.

DailyGood News That Inspires

June 19, 2023

a project of ServiceSpace

Pilgrimage Up Longs Peak

The main thing was, I didn't want to allow my fears to govern my life. I wanted to be led more by admiring, even hopefully by understanding, the world rather than by the anguishes of internal imaginings.

- Jane Wodening -

Pilgrimage Up Longs Peak

"For as long as I can remember, I begged my father to take me back to Colorado to climb a mountain. Growing up in Tennessee, this dream was delayed many times, until only last year when my father (Jane's youngest son, Rarc) and I made the journey. Just before the trip, I came across this particular story printed on its own by type-writer. The story was both an inspiration and grounding force for me as I read it aloud with my father the night before our own Pilgrimage Up Long's Peak. It sang of life, of humanity, of fear and bravery (or fearlessness?), and of the deep and unfathomable power of the Rocky Mountains. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did." Desirae Brackhage is the granddaughter of the author/artist/hermit Jane Wodening. Read the gripping story she alludes to, here.
{ read more }

Be The Change

This week, if inspired, explore what it means for you, to be led less by internal fears and, "more by admiring, even hopefully by understanding, the world..."


COMMENT | RATE      Email   Twitter   FaceBook

  Related Good News

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

Thich Nhat Hanh: Ten Love Letters to the Earth

Consciousness as the Ground of Being

ThanksBeing with Rumi

Paul Farmer: A Life Dedicated to Healing the World

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

My 94-Year-Old Dad Talks About COVID-19

10 Life-Changing Perspectives On Anger

Atlas of the Heart

Catching Sight of Yourself


DailyGood is a volunteer-run initiative that delivers "good news" to 156,769 subscribers. There are many ways to help. To unsubscribe, click here.


Other ServiceSpace projects include:

KindSpring  //  KarmaTube  //  Conversations  //  Awakin  //  More

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whistling in the Wind: Preserving a Language Without Words