Leave No Child Inside

You're receiving this email because you are a DailyGood subscriber.
Trouble Viewing? On a mobile? Just click here. Not interested anymore? Unsubscribe.

DailyGood News That Inspires

June 22, 2023

a project of ServiceSpace

Leave No Child Inside

If we are going to save environmentalism and the environment, we must also save an endangered indicator species: the child in nature.

- -

Leave No Child Inside

"As a boy I pulled out dozens -- perhaps hundreds -- of survey stakes in a vain effort to slow the bulldozers that were taking out my woods to make way for a new subdivision. Had I known then what I've since learned from a developer, that I should have simply moved the stakes around to be more effective, I would surely have done that too. So you might imagine my dubiousness when, a few weeks after the publication of my 2005 book, Last Child in the Woods, I received an e-mail from Derek Thomas, who introduced himself as vice chairman and chief investment officer of Newland Communities, one of the nation's largest privately owned residential development companies. "I have been reading your new book," he wrote, "and am profoundly disturbed by some of the information you present." Richard Louv shares more in this piece about the growing movement to reconnect children and nature, and to battle "nature deficit disorder." { read more }

Be The Change

Learn more about Louv's work here. { more }


COMMENT | RATE      Email   Twitter   FaceBook

  Related Good News

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

Words Can Change Your Brain

Stolen Focus: Why You Can't Pay Attention

Consciousness as the Ground of Being

17 Things I Would Do Differently

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

Robert Lax: A Life Slowly Lived

My 94-Year-Old Dad Talks About COVID-19

Darkness Rising

Atlas of the Heart


DailyGood is a volunteer-run initiative that delivers "good news" to 156,698 subscribers. There are many ways to help. To unsubscribe, click here.


Other ServiceSpace projects include:

KindSpring  //  KarmaTube  //  Conversations  //  Awakin  //  More

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whistling in the Wind: Preserving a Language Without Words