How I Moved My Cat from Israel to Pakistan

You're receiving this email because you are a DailyGood subscriber.
Trouble Viewing? On a mobile? Just click here. Not interested anymore? Unsubscribe.

DailyGood News That Inspires

June 5, 2018

a project of ServiceSpace

How I Moved My Cat from Israel to Pakistan

To respect the cat is the beginning of aesthetic sense.

- Erasmus Darwin -

How I Moved My Cat from Israel to Pakistan

"I recently hunched over my desk lunch and typed: How to get a cat from Israel to Pakistan. This is not a question that Google easily answers. There are no holiday packages from Israel to Pakistan -- no direct flights, and no diplomatic relations. But here I was, asking the Internet weird questions at NPR's Washington, D.C., headquarters in June. I was being trained there before I was to be dispatched as their Islamabad-based correspondent. Most of my worldly possessions -- and my cat -- were in Israel and the Palestinian Territories, where I was previously based as a Mideast correspondent for The New York Times." Journalist Diaa Hadid tells the story of how her cat Shawareb came to be hers, and how she was able to bring him from Palestine to Pakistan. { read more }

Be The Change

Animals bring companionship and love, but they also need them. This week reach out to your local animal shelter and see how you can help.


COMMENT | RATE      Email   Twitter   FaceBook

  Related Good News

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

Two Words That Can Change a Life

Three Things that Matter Most in Youth and Old Age

10 Tips for Effective Communication

How to Age Gracefully

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

Greater Good's Top 16 Books of 2016

Dying to Be Me

When Someone Threw Coffee at My Face

How Trauma Lodges in the Body


DailyGood is a volunteer-run initiative that delivers "good news" to 245,214 subscribers. There are many ways to help. To unsubscribe, click here.


Other ServiceSpace projects include:

KindSpring  //  KarmaTube  //  Conversations  //  Awakin  //  More

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whistling in the Wind: Preserving a Language Without Words