Thousand-Mile Walk Home

You're receiving this email because you are a DailyGood subscriber.
Trouble Viewing? On a mobile? Just click here. Not interested anymore? Unsubscribe.

DailyGood News That Inspires

August 14, 2022

a project of ServiceSpace

Thousand-Mile Walk Home

Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

- Steven Wright -

Thousand-Mile Walk Home

"Eight years ago this spring, I blew out a lumbar disc while running a jackhammer in the desert near my housean accident that was the result of simple bad luck, with the odds skewed by the fact that a jackhammer was the wrong tool for the job and that alcohol may have been involved. After a long, miserable recovery period during which I was as ornery as a walleyed mule, I finally mended enough that my wife, Eryn, could get me out of the house, which was a great relief to her. As I began to get back on my feet, Eryn asked what turned out to be one of the best questions I've ever received: 'Bubba, now that youre finally healing, how do you want your life to be different from before the injury?'"My reply was immediate and spontaneous. I just want to walk and walk and walk." { read more }

Be The Change

For more inspiration, check out this post from Maria Popova on, "Walking as Creative Fuel." { more }


COMMENT | RATE      Email   Twitter   FaceBook

  Related Good News

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

The Keys to Aging Well

The Gentle Art of Blessing

On the Road with Thomas Merton

What We Get Wrong About Time

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

2021: Resources for the Journey

9 Rules for the Woke Birdwatcher

Mary Oliver: I Happened to Be Standing

Why We Should Take World Octopus Day Seriously


DailyGood is a volunteer-run initiative that delivers "good news" to 162,778 subscribers. There are many ways to help. To unsubscribe, click here.


Other ServiceSpace projects include:

KindSpring  //  KarmaTube  //  Conversations  //  Awakin  //  More

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whistling in the Wind: Preserving a Language Without Words