Black Joy in Pursuit of Racial Justice

DailyGood.org

You're receiving this email because you are a DailyGood subscriber.
Trouble Viewing? On a mobile? Just click here. Not interested anymore? Unsubscribe.

DailyGood News That Inspires

June 8, 2022

a project of ServiceSpace

Black Joy in Pursuit of Racial Justice

Joy is an act of rebellion. And so is allowing ourselves to feel our grief.

- Octavia Raheem -

Black Joy in Pursuit of Racial Justice

"I've been longing to talk about all the ways in which these last couple of years have been so much of a gift for me. And yet I struggle with holding that fact in the same space with all the ways these last couple of years have challenged the very core of who I am as a human being and the way I navigate this world as a Black woman. And yet, in writing my book Black Joy: Stories of Resistance, Resilience, and Restoration, I've learned that the ancestral legacy of our joy tells me I don't have to choose." Tracey M. Lewis-Giggetts shares more. { read more }

Be The Change

More from Lewis-Giggetts here. { more }


COMMENT | RATE      Email   Twitter   FaceBook

  Related Good News

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

Big Picture Competition: Celebrating Earth's Diversity

Translating Meaning Into Life: A Taoist Parable

The Keys to Aging Well

Words Can Change Your Brain

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

What We Get Wrong About Time

Peace Is Every Step: Thich Nhat Hanh's 95 Year Earthwalk

Stolen Focus: Why You Can't Pay Attention

Mary Oliver: I Happened to Be Standing


DailyGood is a volunteer-run initiative that delivers "good news" to 164,913 subscribers. There are many ways to help. To unsubscribe, click here.


Other ServiceSpace projects include:

KindSpring  //  KarmaTube  //  Conversations  //  Awakin  //  More







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whistling in the Wind: Preserving a Language Without Words