An Unusual Gift From My Grandfather

You're receiving this email because you are a DailyGood subscriber.
Trouble Viewing? On a mobile? Just click here. Not interested anymore? Unsubscribe.

DailyGood News That Inspires

February 24, 2022

a project of ServiceSpace

An Unusual Gift From My Grandfather

We are the accumulation of the dreams of generations

- Stephen Robert Kuta -

An Unusual Gift From My Grandfather

"Often, when he came to visit, my grandfather would bring me a present. These were never the sorts of things that other people brought, dolls and books and stuffed animals... Once he brought me a little paper cup. I looked inside it expecting something special. It was full of dirt. I was not allowed to play with dirt. Disappointed, I told him this. He smiled at me fondly. Turning, he picked up the little teapot from my dolls' tea set and took me to the kitchen where he filled it with water." Rachel Naomi Remen shares more in this tender real-life teaching from her grandfather. { read more }

Be The Change

Reflect on the gifts, lessons, and stories that you have received from your own ancestors. For more inspiration, join a virtual circle this Sunday with genealogy researcher, Natalie Zett, whose new book traces a powerful story from her own family history. More details and RSVP info here. { more }


COMMENT | RATE      Email   Twitter   FaceBook

  Related Good News

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

Barbara Kingsolver on Knitting as Creation Story

Three Methods for Working with Chaos

The Gentle Art of Blessing

A Pandemic Poem-Prayer

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

Amanda Gorman: The Miracle of Morning

Krista Tippett on Hope

Peter Levine and Thomas Huebl: Healing Trauma & Spiritual Growth

The Phone Call


DailyGood is a volunteer-run initiative that delivers "good news" to 242,491 subscribers. There are many ways to help. To unsubscribe, click here.


Other ServiceSpace projects include:

KindSpring  //  KarmaTube  //  Conversations  //  Awakin  //  More

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whistling in the Wind: Preserving a Language Without Words