Seeking Solitude in Nature: A Meditation Teacher's Story

You're receiving this email because you are a DailyGood subscriber.
Trouble Viewing? On a mobile? Just click here. Not interested anymore? Unsubscribe.

DailyGood News That Inspires

April 13, 2020

a project of ServiceSpace

Seeking Solitude in Nature: A Meditation Teacher's Story

Then stirs the feeling infinite, so felt in solitude, where we are least alone.

- Lord Byron -

Seeking Solitude in Nature: A Meditation Teacher's Story

"By the time we're 60, we will have been alive for almost 22,000 days on this planet, rarely, if ever, stopping to watch just one. By immersion into nature in solitude, we allow the natural human to become entrained to the nature of the planet we are part of. I had been camping in solitude in nature -- on a hill over the ocean on the coast of California -- as I have done twice a year for the past 20+ years. I jokingly call it my "People Fast", which I have always assumed I needed since, as a meditation teacher and an actress, what I do in the world involves intense and intimate interactions with people, and I figured that we always need an opportunity to "clear out" and refresh or reground ourselves. But there is more to it than that -- at least for me." Meditation teacher Stephanie Nash shares more. { read more }

Be The Change

For more inspiration join this Saturday's Awakin Call with Stephanie Nash: 'Cultivating Health, Joy and Compassion in Solitude.' More details and RSVP info here. { more }


COMMENT | RATE      Email   Twitter   FaceBook

  Related Good News

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

One Teacher's Brilliant response to Columbine

Moshe Feldenkrais: Learn to Learn

Guide to Well-Being During Coronavirus

Turning Rain, Ice and Trees into Ephemeral Works

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

6 Habits of Hope

I Wish My Teacher Knew...

Mary Oliver: Instructions for Living A Life

The Moment I Knew Gratitude is the Answer to Every Question


DailyGood is a volunteer-run initiative that delivers "good news" to 248,172 subscribers. There are many ways to help. To unsubscribe, click here.


Other ServiceSpace projects include:

KindSpring  //  KarmaTube  //  Conversations  //  Awakin  //  More

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whistling in the Wind: Preserving a Language Without Words