Beyond the Known Territory

You're receiving this email because you are a DailyGood subscriber.
Trouble Viewing? On a mobile? Just click here. Not interested anymore? Unsubscribe.

DailyGood News That Inspires

June 15, 2016

a project of ServiceSpace

Beyond the Known Territory

Art is a marriage of the conscious and the unconscious.

- Jean Cocteau -

Beyond the Known Territory

"When I was in my twenties, I would let myself go and when an image came up, I'd paint it. I'd have a piece of paper and ideas would come to me, and I'd try to depict them. Looking at these later, I'd see things revealed -- childhood memories or hidden things going on in my life -- these things would be there. But when I did the painting, I wouldn't see any of this." Rue Harrison talks about the mysterious animal that appeared in one of her paintings over twenty-five years ago. It led to a narrative that continues to this day:The Adventures of Indigo Animal. { read more }

Be The Change

Get a sketchbook and make a little drawing each day. Don't worry about getting it right. Let it be a playful exercise for at least a couple of weeks.


COMMENT | RATE      Email   Twitter   FaceBook

  Related Good News

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

Ten Things Creative People Know

Stunning Images of the Power of Education

7 Ways To Change Negative Beliefs About Yourself

19 Uplifting Photos That Capture The Human Spirit

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

Before I Go: A Neurosurgeon's Final Reflections On Mortality

10 Timeframes For Measuring Life

34 Affirmations For Healthy Living

Beannacht: A Blessing for the New Year


DailyGood is a volunteer-run initiative that delivers "good news" to 169,668 subscribers. There are many ways to help. To unsubscribe, click here.


Other ServiceSpace projects include:

KindSpring  //  KarmaTube  //  Conversations  //  Awakin  //  More

Comments

Popular posts from this blog