Everyday Conversations to Heal Racism

You're receiving this email because you are a DailyGood subscriber.
Trouble Viewing? On a mobile? Just click here. Not interested anymore? Unsubscribe.

DailyGood News That Inspires

April 8, 2016

a project of ServiceSpace

Everyday Conversations to Heal Racism

To listen well is as powerful a means of communication and influence as to talk well.

- John Marshall -

Everyday Conversations to Heal Racism

"I am a second-generation Mexican American leadership coach and elder living in California. I experienced so much prejudice and racism during my young adulthood that for years I avoided even being in the presence of white people. Finally, well into my 30s, I realized that the wounds and pain I carried were robbing me of my full potential. I could do better than be angry at other people; I could work to transform the ignorance beneath the racial injustice." This article offers 5 simple pointers to help us bridge the divide. { read more }

Be The Change

Can you recall a time when speaking to someone who viewed a contentious topic differently from you transformed you in some way? For more inspiration join this Saturday's Awakin Call with Laura Mulvey the director of World in Conversation, an effort that is bringing the benefits of open dialogue into classrooms. RSVP here. { more }


COMMENT | RATE      Email   Twitter   FaceBook

  Related Good News

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

The Girl Who Gets Gifts From Birds

Power of Place: Photos From Around the World

The Science of Forgiveness

How To Retrain Your Brain With Three Words

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

This Is Your Brain On Scarcity

10 Timeframes For Measuring Life

34 Affirmations For Healthy Living

The Top 10 Happiest Countries


DailyGood is a volunteer-run initiative that delivers "good news" to 167,416 subscribers. There are many ways to help. To unsubscribe, click here.


Other ServiceSpace projects include:

KindSpring  //  KarmaTube  //  Conversations  //  Awakin  //  More

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whistling in the Wind: Preserving a Language Without Words