The Poet Sarah Kay on How We Measure Creative Success

You're receiving this email because you are a DailyGood subscriber.
Trouble Viewing? On a mobile? Just click here. Not interested anymore? Unsubscribe.

DailyGood News That Inspires

March 21, 2016

a project of ServiceSpace

The Poet Sarah Kay on How We Measure Creative Success

Poetry is an echo, asking a shadow to dance.

- Carl Sandburg -

The Poet Sarah Kay on How We Measure Creative Success

When discussing the legitimacy of her poetry, Sarah Kay answers, "I think my work, from a broad perspective -- by this I mean my work as a writer, teacher, organizer, human -- is about trying to invite people in and create spaces where people feel welcome and comfortable with poetry, but are still creatively challenged. When that's happening, that feels like success to me." This piece offers a lively discussion of the importance of poetry and authenticity, as well as links to Sarah Kay performing her powerful spoken poems. { read more }

Be The Change

As you consider the positive differences you can make in the world around you, embrace the three steps outlined by Sarah Kay in her TED talk. Step 1: I can. Step 2: I will. Step 3: I will infuse the work I'm doing with the specific things that make me, me even while those things are always changing. To get yourself started, make a list, such as the two she suggests: 10 Things I Know to be True and 10 Things I Should Have Learned by Now.


COMMENT | RATE      Email   Twitter   FaceBook

  Related Good News

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

10 Creative Rituals To Learn From

Children Who Shine From Within

The Power of Story

This Is Your Brain On Scarcity

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

7 Keys To A Good Death

Bhutan's Dark Secret to Happiness

Ten Ways to Set A Positive Tone For the New Year

Beannacht: A Blessing for the New Year


DailyGood is a volunteer-run initiative that delivers "good news" to 167,171 subscribers. There are many ways to help. To unsubscribe, click here.


Other ServiceSpace projects include:

KindSpring  //  KarmaTube  //  Conversations  //  Awakin  //  More

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whistling in the Wind: Preserving a Language Without Words