Conversation with Peacemaking Mystic, Orland Bishop

You're receiving this email because you are a DailyGood subscriber.
Trouble Viewing? On a mobile? Just click here. Not interested anymore? Unsubscribe.

DailyGood News That Inspires

April 30, 2024

a project of ServiceSpace

Conversation with Peacemaking Mystic, Orland Bishop

I've known rivers ancient as the world and older than the flow of human blood in human veins. My soul has grown deep like the rivers.

- Langston Hughes -

Conversation with Peacemaking Mystic, Orland Bishop

“What are the questions being asked of me?” and “Why would I do something my heart is telling me not to do?” Orland Bishop addresses these two questions in his interview with Berry Liberman, spanning from his emigration to the United States to his social healing work. Bishop discusses how what is happening in the world today due to the collective unconscious reflects the unconscious of individuals, and impacts the ability to answer these questions. Yet the answers will not come from rational, scientific, evidence-based activities, the mode of the last 400 years: Bishop, through personal experience knows that each individual must “learn how language [of the heart] is structured from a feeling [found] in relationship to another human being and the truth we could share.” Between the seemingly paradoxical idealism of purpose and meaning attached to pain and suffering and the pragmatism of diminishing and relieving real pain and suffering, Bishop advocates for a middle way: “Prepare every day to communicate with [my inner awareness] then allow teachers in the invisible realm to guide me through the rest of the day [toward action].” This approach is radical according to Bishop: “Healing is becoming more radical because it will transform what we have inherited.” { read more }

Be The Change

What are the questions being asked of me from the agents outside myself? What are the questions being asked of me from within? Where am I conducting action that my heart is telling me not to do? Contemplate these answers remembering to extend grace for the gap that emerges between them. What gratitude is available for the increased awareness you were gifted today?


COMMENT | RATE      Email   Twitter   FaceBook

DailyGood is a volunteer-run initiative that delivers "good news" to 152,311 subscribers. There are many ways to help. To unsubscribe, click here.


Other ServiceSpace projects include:

KindSpring  //  KarmaTube  //  Conversations  //  Awakin  //  More

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whistling in the Wind: Preserving a Language Without Words