I Use My Voice as a Weapon of Mass Connection

You're receiving this email because you are a DailyGood subscriber.
Trouble Viewing? On a mobile? Just click here. Not interested anymore? Unsubscribe.

DailyGood News That Inspires

October 3, 2023

a project of ServiceSpace

I Use My Voice as a Weapon of Mass Connection

Everyday I wake up and think who am I going to hold up in song?

- Melanie DeMore -

I Use My Voice as a Weapon of Mass Connection

"I'd always been doing community sings and gatherings, and people ask me, "What do I have to do in order to be able to sing with you?" And I say, "Are ya breathin'? Good. That's the only qualification." And we need that so much. In my talk, I'll be talking a lot about why we need to share each other's music and how important that really, really is..." Melanie DeMore is a singer/composer, choral conductor, music director, and three-time Grammy nominee. A self-described vocal activist, she leads foot-tapping, infectiously joyful vocal and stick-pounding workshops for professional choirs and community groups. More in this piece. { read more }

Be The Change

For more inspiration, check out this video of Melanie DeMore in action here. { more }


COMMENT | RATE      Email   Twitter   FaceBook

  Related Good News

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

Consciousness as the Ground of Being

The Really Terrible Orchestra

'New Day's Lyric': Amanda Gorman

Robert Lax: A Life Slowly Lived

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

A New Hotline for a Pep Talk from Kindergartners

How Newness Enters the World

10 Life-Changing Perspectives On Anger

Retriever of Souls


DailyGood is a volunteer-run initiative that delivers "good news" to 155,024 subscribers. There are many ways to help. To unsubscribe, click here.


Other ServiceSpace projects include:

KindSpring  //  KarmaTube  //  Conversations  //  Awakin  //  More

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whistling in the Wind: Preserving a Language Without Words