Grace Before Dinner

You're receiving this email because you are a DailyGood subscriber.
Trouble Viewing? On a mobile? Just click here. Not interested anymore? Unsubscribe.

DailyGood News That Inspires

December 24, 2022

a project of ServiceSpace

Grace Before Dinner

Slow Food unites the pleasure of food with responsibility, sustainability and harmony with nature.

- Carlo Petrini -

Grace Before Dinner

"Twenty five years ago I started Greens restaurant in San Francisco, then left to live in Rome, where I began writing on food and cooking. I departed Rome just as the Slow Food movement took root there in 1986, and I didnt become formally involved for another ten years. (Among other things, I now run Slow Foods Santa Fe chapter). But I was informally supporting Slow Food concepts all along. My deepest sympathies have always been with the landscape of food and farming, and that led me to join the Santa Fe farmers market, near my new American home, as a manager and board member. I spent five years visiting markets and farmers across the country as I researched my 2002 book Local Flavors. At Terra Madre I reconnected with many of those same food producers and farmers." Deborah Madison shares more in this inspiring piece. { read more }

Be The Change

Learn more about the Slow Food movement here. { more }


COMMENT | RATE      Email   Twitter   FaceBook

  Related Good News

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

Thich Nhat Hanh: Ten Love Letters to the Earth

Consciousness as the Ground of Being

Mary Oliver: I Happened to Be Standing

9 Rules for the Woke Birdwatcher

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

'New Day's Lyric': Amanda Gorman

The Really Terrible Orchestra

When the Earth Started to Sing

How Newness Enters the World


DailyGood is a volunteer-run initiative that delivers "good news" to 160,348 subscribers. There are many ways to help. To unsubscribe, click here.


Other ServiceSpace projects include:

KindSpring  //  KarmaTube  //  Conversations  //  Awakin  //  More

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whistling in the Wind: Preserving a Language Without Words