Four Poems Born from Stillness

You're receiving this email because you are a DailyGood subscriber.
Trouble Viewing? On a mobile? Just click here. Not interested anymore? Unsubscribe.

DailyGood News That Inspires

April 14, 2022

a project of ServiceSpace

Four Poems Born from Stillness

In the stillness of the quiet, if we listen, we can hear the whisper of the heart giving strength to weakness, courage to fear, hope to despair.

- Howard Thurman -

Four Poems Born from Stillness

"When I was a child and my mother needed me to entertain myself, she would give me a poem
to memorize. So began a lifelong love affair with poetry. There are so many poets I love; and
new ones I discover each day. I've written poems for most of my adult life. They emerge
through deep stillness. Through paying attention to what is stirring in my heart, and what is
happening in the world around me. Most of what I write begins and ends in my journals. The
poems that have a life beyond my journals are mostly the ones that have shown up nearly fully
formed, as if a voice from beyond the veil is asking me to take dictation and then do whatever
tidying up I feel is invited. These poems have all been gifts for me, helping me to see something
new or in a new way. I pray they are gifts for you." Episcopal priest, poet and peace-builder Rev. Charles Gibbs shares four of his poems here. { read more }

Be The Change

Consider spending some time in stillness today, and pay attention to what might want to emerge from that quiet space.


COMMENT | RATE      Email   Twitter   FaceBook

  Related Good News

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

Translating Meaning Into Life: A Taoist Parable

Beyond Overwhelm into Refuge

Seven Lessons Learned from Leaves

Advice from 100-Year-Olds

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

On the Road with Thomas Merton

NBA Mental Coach Shares 7 Ways You Can Thrive Under Pressure

Words Can Change Your Brain

'New Day's Lyric': Amanda Gorman


DailyGood is a volunteer-run initiative that delivers "good news" to 242,292 subscribers. There are many ways to help. To unsubscribe, click here.


Other ServiceSpace projects include:

KindSpring  //  KarmaTube  //  Conversations  //  Awakin  //  More

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whistling in the Wind: Preserving a Language Without Words