Ten Ways to Make Your Time Matter

You're receiving this email because you are a DailyGood subscriber.
Trouble Viewing? On a mobile? Just click here. Not interested anymore? Unsubscribe.

DailyGood News That Inspires

December 12, 2021

a project of ServiceSpace

Ten Ways to Make Your Time Matter

True security lies in the unrestrained embrace of insecurity -- in the recognition that we never really stand on solid ground, and never can.

- Oliver Burkeman -

Ten Ways to Make Your Time Matter

"As a recovering 'productivity geek,' I know how it feels to become swept up in the idea of discovering the perfect system of time management. But I was eventually forced to accept that my struggles to achieve a sense of perfect control or mastery of my time were counterproductive, leading not to a life of more meaning but one of more overwhelm and stress. I came to see that I needed to give up the quest for that kind of control, letting go of the impossible goal of becoming perfectly efficient and embracing my limitations instead, so as to make more time for what was really valuable.[...]Here are 10 suggestions I make in my book, Four Thousand Weeks: Time Management for Mortals, about how to live with your limited time in mind." Oliver Burkeman shares more...
{ read more }

Be The Change

If inspired to, practice with some or all of the 10 suggestions that Burkeman offers in the above piece.


COMMENT | RATE      Email   Twitter   FaceBook

  Related Good News

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

I Wish My Teacher Knew...

The Keys to Aging Well

Two Words That Can Change a Life

Love in the Time of Coronavirus

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

Beyond Overwhelm into Refuge

A Pandemic Poem-Prayer

The Gentle Art of Blessing

Seven Lessons Learned from Leaves


DailyGood is a volunteer-run initiative that delivers "good news" to 242,885 subscribers. There are many ways to help. To unsubscribe, click here.


Other ServiceSpace projects include:

KindSpring  //  KarmaTube  //  Conversations  //  Awakin  //  More

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whistling in the Wind: Preserving a Language Without Words