Threshold Choir: An Interview with Kate Munger

You're receiving this email because you are a DailyGood subscriber.
Trouble Viewing? On a mobile? Just click here. Not interested anymore? Unsubscribe.

DailyGood News That Inspires

October 6, 2021

a project of ServiceSpace

Threshold Choir: An Interview with Kate Munger

The truth is, indeed, that love is the threshold of another universe.


- Pierre Teilhard de Chardin -

Threshold Choir: An Interview with Kate Munger

"In November of 1990 I was invited to spend a day with a friend of mine who was dying of HIV AIDS. He was comatose, but very agitated. There were chores I had to do in the morning, dishwashing and gardening. And he was a quilt maker so I organized his quilts fabric. When the work was done, I sat down by his bedside and didn't know what to do. I waited and waited. All I knew to do, to calm myself, was to sing. So I sang one song and I sang it for two hours. I sang it over and over again. I watched his breathing slow, and he got much calmer. And I got much calmer, because it was a song that was really soothing to me personally. So as I got comfortable, he got comfortable and at the end of the experience I felt like I'd touched something very deep in myself and given a gift that was unique to me to give. It wasn't baking a pie or doing a chore. It was the gift of my essence in the form that was most fitting for me." Kate Munger, founder of Threshold Choir shares more in this interview. { read more }

Be The Change

Join an Awakin Call with Kate this Saturday. More details and RSVP info here. { more }


COMMENT | RATE      Email   Twitter   FaceBook

  Related Good News

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

This is Me at 68: Elders Reflect During Crisis

Barbara Kingsolver on Knitting as Creation Story

I Wish My Teacher Knew...

Why Singing in a Choir Makes You Happier

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

The Monkey and the River

Love in the Time of Coronavirus

Amanda Gorman: The Miracle of Morning

The Gentle Art of Blessing


DailyGood is a volunteer-run initiative that delivers "good news" to 243,019 subscribers. There are many ways to help. To unsubscribe, click here.


Other ServiceSpace projects include:

KindSpring  //  KarmaTube  //  Conversations  //  Awakin  //  More

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whistling in the Wind: Preserving a Language Without Words