Melting Away: A Conversation with Camille Seaman

You're receiving this email because you are a DailyGood subscriber.
Trouble Viewing? On a mobile? Just click here. Not interested anymore? Unsubscribe.

DailyGood News That Inspires

April 21, 2021

a project of ServiceSpace

Melting Away: A Conversation with Camille Seaman

Icebergs behoove the soul (both being self-made from elements least visible) to see themselves: fleshed, fair, erected, indivisible.


- Elizabeth Bishop -

Melting Away: A Conversation with Camille Seaman

Camille Seaman's journey to becoming a pre-eminent photographer and environmental activist is remarkable and inspiring in equal parts. "Why is my picture of an iceberg resonating with you in a way that someone else's picture of an iceberg didn't? I can only answer personally that I think my intention of looking at this thing as a living creature, as a being unto itself, an ancient being, and honoring that it has had a life that we will never comprehend. So, when I photograph it, that's what I'm feeling and thinking about, and hopefully, if I do it right, you will feel some of that, too. I stepped foot onto the sea ice and started walking. It was really squeaky and dry and wasn't what I expected. There were little twigs stuck in the ice every ten feet or so, which was the road. I thought, "Wow, there's even a path." Every ten minutes or so, a guy would come up on a snowmobile and ask, "Do you need help?" I'd be like, "I'm just going for a walk." I walked for some time to point where there were no more twigs and no more traffic. It was just all white." What happened in the next five hours was a turning point in Seamans life. { read more }

Be The Change

Check out this photo essay by Camille Seaman. { more }


COMMENT | RATE      Email   Twitter   FaceBook

  Related Good News

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

Translating Meaning Into Life: A Taoist Parable

Barbara Kingsolver on Knitting as Creation Story

Three Methods for Working with Chaos

The Monkey and the River

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

16 Teachings from COVID-19

Two Words That Can Change a Life

A Pandemic Poem-Prayer

Beyond Overwhelm into Refuge


DailyGood is a volunteer-run initiative that delivers "good news" to 244,902 subscribers. There are many ways to help. To unsubscribe, click here.


Other ServiceSpace projects include:

KindSpring  //  KarmaTube  //  Conversations  //  Awakin  //  More

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whistling in the Wind: Preserving a Language Without Words