My Vision Quest

You're receiving this email because you are a DailyGood subscriber.
Trouble Viewing? On a mobile? Just click here. Not interested anymore? Unsubscribe.

DailyGood News That Inspires

February 16, 2021

a project of ServiceSpace

My Vision Quest

When we are able, when we are sufficiently still and relaxed--letting it happen, not doing it--we can receive a resonance from a greater consciousness.

- James George -

My Vision Quest

"I must begin by asking myself, 'What do I want?' What do I want, really -- not because of my background and education, self-image and vanity, but what does this 'I' that I am actually want from this short life? Indeed. What, or who am I? And what for? That stops me. And I begin, in silence, to listen - to look up to what I can see and know about the great Universe..."Jim George was a celebrated Canadian diplomat, environmental activist, and author. Across the course of his prolific career, he held a series of challenging, adventurous posts around the world. First and foremost, however, he was a spiritual seeker, one who established meaningful connections with some of the most influential teachers of the last century. He was 101-years-old when he passed, and as one of his interviewers put it, George was, "a translucent diamond radiating the wisdom and experience of a well-lived life." In this short and potent piece, written in his nineties, George shares the essence of his 'vision quest.' { read more }

Be The Change

What is your vision quest? Do share it with DailyGood if inspired to do so. And for a deep-dive into more of James George's worldview and insights, check out, "If Not Now, When." { more }


COMMENT | RATE      Email   Twitter   FaceBook

  Related Good News

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

Guide to Well-Being During Coronavirus

Why Singing in a Choir Makes You Happier

I Wish My Teacher Knew...

Barbara Kingsolver on Knitting as Creation Story

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

How to Strengthen Your Inner Shield

A Tribute to Mary Oliver

Three Methods for Working with Chaos

One Love


DailyGood is a volunteer-run initiative that delivers "good news" to 245,383 subscribers. There are many ways to help. To unsubscribe, click here.


Other ServiceSpace projects include:

KindSpring  //  KarmaTube  //  Conversations  //  Awakin  //  More

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whistling in the Wind: Preserving a Language Without Words