Talking White Fragility with Robin DiAngelo

You're receiving this email because you are a DailyGood subscriber.
Trouble Viewing? On a mobile? Just click here. Not interested anymore? Unsubscribe.

DailyGood News That Inspires

July 20, 2020

a project of ServiceSpace

Talking White Fragility with Robin DiAngelo

All systems of oppression are adaptive; they can withstand and adjust to challenges and still maintain inequality.

- Robin DiAngelo -

Talking White Fragility with Robin DiAngelo

"I grew up poor and white. While my class oppression has been relatively visible to me, my race privilege has not. In my efforts to uncover how race has shaped my life, I have gained deeper insight by placing race in the center of my analysis and asking how each of my other group locations have socialized me to collude with racism. In so doing, I have been able to address in greater depth my multiple locations and how they function together to hold racism in place. I now make the distinction that I grew up poor and white, for my experience of poverty would have been different had I not been white." This transcript of a Zeit Campus interview with Robin DiAngelo, the author of "White Fragility:Why It's So Hard For White People to Talk About Racism" shares more. { read more }

Be The Change

Check out the Reading Guide for White Fragility here. { more }


COMMENT | RATE      Email   Twitter   FaceBook

  Related Good News

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

Children, Anger Control and Inuit Wisdom

This is Me at 68: Elders Reflect During Crisis

On Being Alone

Mary Oliver: Instructions for Living A Life

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

12 Truths I Learned from Life and Writing

The Monkey and the River

One Love

Erich Fromm's Six Rules of Listening


DailyGood is a volunteer-run initiative that delivers "good news" to 246,995 subscribers. There are many ways to help. To unsubscribe, click here.


Other ServiceSpace projects include:

KindSpring  //  KarmaTube  //  Conversations  //  Awakin  //  More

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whistling in the Wind: Preserving a Language Without Words