When I Wrote My Mom a Thank-You Letter

You're receiving this email because you are a DailyGood subscriber.
Trouble Viewing? On a mobile? Just click here. Not interested anymore? Unsubscribe.

DailyGood News That Inspires

December 9, 2019

a project of ServiceSpace

When I Wrote My Mom a Thank-You Letter

The real gift of gratitude is that the more grateful you are, the more present you become.

- Robert Holden -

When I Wrote My Mom a Thank-You Letter

"In the waning days of 2015, I decided to mark a milestone birthday by simply saying "thank you." My plan was to write one letter each week of that year to someone who had helped, shaped, or inspired me on the road to the person I am today. Nothing fancy: just one gratitude letter at time. I later called this letter-writing spree my Thank-You Project--and it would change my life in a profound, positive, and lasting way." The first letter Nancy Davis Kho wrote was to her mother. She shares more here. { read more }

Be The Change

Write a thank-you note this week to someone who has nurtured your journey.


COMMENT | RATE      Email   Twitter   FaceBook

  Related Good News

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

One Teacher's Brilliant response to Columbine

Turning Rain, Ice and Trees into Ephemeral Works

How to Be Yourself

Mary Oliver: Instructions for Living A Life

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

Last Lecture

5 Core Practices for More Meaningful Conversations

Mark Nepo: Where To Now?

Spiritual Practices for Times of Crisis


DailyGood is a volunteer-run initiative that delivers "good news" to 244,954 subscribers. There are many ways to help. To unsubscribe, click here.


Other ServiceSpace projects include:

KindSpring  //  KarmaTube  //  Conversations  //  Awakin  //  More

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whistling in the Wind: Preserving a Language Without Words