Gratefulness Embraces Parkinson's

You're receiving this email because you are a DailyGood subscriber.
Trouble Viewing? On a mobile? Just click here. Not interested anymore? Unsubscribe.

DailyGood News That Inspires

August 4, 2019

a project of ServiceSpace

Gratefulness Embraces Parkinson's

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery -

Gratefulness Embraces Parkinson's

"I was diagnosed with Parkinson's just over three years ago when I was 50. Receiving the diagnosis from a matter-of-fact doctor was a traumatizing experience, and I felt that my life and my family's identity had collapsed. Life was difficult and still is difficult, yet something amazing is beginning to happen. I have slowly started to shift my attitude from the anger, fear, and loneliness brought on by the Parkinson's and the grim predictions of a Parkinson's future to a more body-based feeling of gratefulness for the wholeness of life as I experience it second by second. I have discovered not only profound wonder and indebtedness for the gift of my life and relationships but also a physical softening in the area of my heart and a growing ability to feel with my body joy, awe, and the interconnectedness that is hidden in plain sight all around us." Tim Roberts shares more. { read more }

Be The Change

Practice the shift from anger, fear or loneliness to the body-based feelings of gratefulness that Roberts speaks about in your own life this week.


COMMENT | RATE      Email   Twitter   FaceBook

  Related Good News

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

How Trauma Lodges in the Body

Children, Anger Control and Inuit Wisdom

To Keep Company With Oneself

How to Be Yourself

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

Mary Oliver: Instructions for Living A Life

The Life of Death

The Joy of Being a Woman in Her Seventies

5 Core Practices for More Meaningful Conversations


DailyGood is a volunteer-run initiative that delivers "good news" to 244,871 subscribers. There are many ways to help. To unsubscribe, click here.


Other ServiceSpace projects include:

KindSpring  //  KarmaTube  //  Conversations  //  Awakin  //  More

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whistling in the Wind: Preserving a Language Without Words