Lessons of Impermanence

You're receiving this email because you are a DailyGood subscriber.
Trouble Viewing? On a mobile? Just click here. Not interested anymore? Unsubscribe.

DailyGood News That Inspires

June 14, 2019

a project of ServiceSpace

Lessons of Impermanence

No permanence is ours; we are a wave
That flows to fit whatever form it finds.

- Hermann Hesse -

Lessons of Impermanence

"As a palliative care doctor, I spend much of my time face-to-face with pain and suffering, debilitating disease and death. When I began my training, I thought I was comfortable with the idea of mortality, and with the notion that fighting death at all costs wasn't the sole purpose of medicine. But I hadn't expected that the type of medicine I'd chosen to practice would require a strength and perspective that medical training hadn't offered. It was a chance encounter with a sand painting that helped me learn how to doctor patients I knew I would lose." Sunita Puri, author of "That Good Night: Life and Medicine in the Eleventh Hour" shares more. { read more }

Be The Change

For more inspiration join this Saturday's Awakin Call with Sunita Puri. More details and RSVP info here. { more }


COMMENT | RATE      Email   Twitter   FaceBook

  Related Good News

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

One Teacher's Brilliant response to Columbine

People Helped You Whether You Knew It Or Not

How Trauma Lodges in the Body

Pushing Through: A Poem for Grieving Hearts

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

To Keep Company With Oneself

The Life of Death

12 Truths I Learned from Life and Writing

Mark Nepo: Where To Now?


DailyGood is a volunteer-run initiative that delivers "good news" to 245,147 subscribers. There are many ways to help. To unsubscribe, click here.


Other ServiceSpace projects include:

KindSpring  //  KarmaTube  //  Conversations  //  Awakin  //  More

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whistling in the Wind: Preserving a Language Without Words