Meredith's Joy Jars

You're receiving this email because you are a DailyGood subscriber.
Trouble Viewing? On a mobile? Just click here. Not interested anymore? Unsubscribe.

DailyGood News That Inspires

March 20, 2017

a project of ServiceSpace

Meredith's Joy Jars

All who joy would win must share it. Happiness was born a Twin.

- Lord Byron -

Meredith's Joy Jars

"While having trouble transitioning to high school in 2011, my mom placed a big bowl of quotes on my desk to pick from every morning. I grudgingly agreed, but as time went on I realized what a gift this tool truly was. Taping the words of wisdom across my walls and carrying my favorites inside my phone case, I truly believed that each quote I picked was something that I was meant to hear. Later, when I was at costume crew, a friend opened the back of my phone case to see why it was so bulky, and hundreds of my little paper slips floated out. To my surprise, the reaction wasn't confusion, but sincere interest! After seeing how many people were excited about these daily quotes, together my mom and I packaged a month's worth into small jars. Requests came pouring in from friends, neighbors, and soon people all over the US." In celebration of the International Day of Happiness watch this beautiful short video on Meredith's Joy Jars. { read more }

Be The Change

Do something to spill joy into someone's life today. To learn more about Pam's gift to Meredith which keeps on growing visit their site. { more }


COMMENT | RATE      Email   Twitter   FaceBook

  Related Good News

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

Children Who Shine From Within

Bhutan's Dark Secret to Happiness

19 Uplifting Photos That Capture The Human Spirit

10 Timeframes For Measuring Life

Smile Big
Love Freely
Meditate
Give Back

Seven Ways to Help High Schoolers Find Purpose

Ten Ways to Set A Positive Tone For the New Year

7 Lessons About Finding the Work You Were Meant to Do

Music And The Developing Brain


DailyGood is a volunteer-run initiative that delivers "good news" to 243,040 subscribers. There are many ways to help. To unsubscribe, click here.


Other ServiceSpace projects include:

KindSpring  //  KarmaTube  //  Conversations  //  Awakin  //  More

Comments

Popular posts from this blog